Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef ribs and some Texans football.

Well...the Ribs turned out great,but the Texans lost. Here're some pics of the ribs.
image.jpg 909.8K
image.jpg 1.1M
image.jpg 847.9K
·

Comments

• At least there is one winner.
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 1,969
    Got some country style beef ribs in fridge right now.  Gonna make'em one night this week.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,449
    Those are good looking ribs. Can never find ones with enough meat around here.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • These look awesome
    ·
  • @Dfishel, I have never done beef ribs before and want to soon.  What did you do to them, what temp and how long?  Did you do the bend test or do you place a thermometer in them?  Thanks!
    LGBE August 2013

Louisville, KY
    ·
  • DfishelDfishel Posts: 104
    @timothyloerke, I treat them just like a brisket, dry rub and all. I place the ribs on with the bone side down, and never touch them until they're done. The only difference is the cooking temp. I stabilize @ 300F (dome temp) and cooking time should be around 2.5hrs or until internal temp is 203-205F.
    ·
  • @Dfishel, did you keep a thermometer in the meat?
    LGBE August 2013

Louisville, KY
    ·
  • DfishelDfishel Posts: 104
    @timothyloerke, no I did it by look and feel. I've cooked a lot of beef ribs and have a good feel for them.
    ·