Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Sunday/Ribday - pics

Those rare empty schedule fall Sundays always seem perfect for a nice easy rib cook.  Love having the games on and enjoying some cold beverages while the Egg does her work.

Went to my favorite butcher shop a few miles from the house this morning and picked up a couple racks of baby backs.  Pulled membrane on both, coated with mustard, rubbed one with Dizzy Dust/Raging River Combo (was about out of DD) and the other with my favorite, DD Swamp Venom and added a little brown sugar to each slab.   Cooked 2-1-2 at an average of about 275 with Rockwood lump and a combo of hickory and apple chunks.  Just added a little Parkay during the hour-long foiling stage and painted with Sweet Baby Ray's for the last hour.  Turned out perfect.....very tender with a hint of crunchiness.  I think I've found the perfect temp/time combo for the BB rib cook, my go-to and one of my favorites.

Cowboys got another win and we all had some great ribs to celebrate.

IMG_2134.JPG
4000 x 3000 - 3M
IMG_2136.JPG
4000 x 3000 - 3M
IMG_2137.JPG
4000 x 3000 - 4M
IMG_2139.JPG
4000 x 3000 - 4M

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer