Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First ABTs and Pizzas

So, here are my first-ever ABTs and first-ever Pizzas. ABTs were at 350F indirect and Pizzas 550F-600F indirect. Pizza will definitely take some practice but it was fun to do. Corona in hand and football on. Good way to end a Sunday with family :-D
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Looks great... Pizzas indirect?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Henapple...& yep the pizzas were also indirect @ 550F-600F. Although my 3rd went on the egg late because we had a lost dog wander up to our property. So after we found out where he lived we walked him to his home because his humans didn't answer the phone when the pet chip people tried to locate them. I got the 3rd on and by that time the lump was almost gone but was able to squeeze it back up from 190F to 420F. Preferred the 1st 2 pizzas at higher cook temp but, the lower temp worked out ok as well...just had to nurse the Corona a little while listening to nature. It was a pretty darn good day.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Nice ABTs - done like a pro, no damn toothpicks. Pull that bacon tight like wrapping the handle on a baseball bat, or hockey stick for us Canucks. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!