Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brunswick Stew

I had some frozen chicken and pulled beef that needed to be used up so I decided to try Brunswick Stew. The only thing I was missing was some pulled pork but a quick turbo of a 7 1/2lb but cut in half solved that problem. No pics of the butt Mixed up the meat trifecta with Lima beans, corn, diced tomatoes and some broth

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
image.jpg 2.1M

Comments

• BotchBotch Posts: 3,374
    Looks yummy!  I haven't had Brunswick stew in ages.  Added to the list, thanks!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,677
    Love the ci do on the egg...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,019
    This was a major fail!!! Way to much tomato taste. The recipe called for 24oz of ketchup, I used about 2/3rds of that. Any ideas on what I can add to offset the ketchup flavor?

• That's a lot of ketchup.
    Pardon me but maybe it should be 24oz of crushed tomatoes?
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

It had 3 cans of diced tomatoes.

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,312
    i've used the recipe in this thread before.  its amazing (but it was also the first time I have had brunswick stew).  trust me its there just scroll down a bit 

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,088
    It looks great.  Sorry to hear it turned out to ketchup-y.   Perhaps you could offset it with some cidar vinegar and/or mustard?   

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

We actually salvaged this one tonight The SWMBO dumped the ketchupy soup in a strainer and washed the livin fire out of it. Back in a soup pot on the Big Clock, added chicken stock, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper with a few dried herbs. She saved the day.

Notice the lack of red color. Ketchup flavor gone. It taste very similar to what I know as Burgoo

image.jpg 2.2M