Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brunswick Stew

I had some frozen chicken and pulled beef that needed to be used up so I decided to try Brunswick Stew. The only thing I was missing was some pulled pork but a quick turbo of a 7 1/2lb but cut in half solved that problem. No pics of the butt Mixed up the meat trifecta with Lima beans, corn, diced tomatoes and some broth

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
image.jpg 2.1M
·

Comments

• BotchBotch Posts: 3,204
    Looks yummy!  I haven't had Brunswick stew in ages.  Added to the list, thanks!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,429
    Love the ci do on the egg...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,727
    This was a major fail!!! Way to much tomato taste. The recipe called for 24oz of ketchup, I used about 2/3rds of that. Any ideas on what I can add to offset the ketchup flavor?

·
  • That's a lot of ketchup.
    Pardon me but maybe it should be 24oz of crushed tomatoes?
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
    It had 3 cans of diced tomatoes.

·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,280
    i've used the recipe in this thread before.  its amazing (but it was also the first time I have had brunswick stew).  trust me its there just scroll down a bit 

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,582
    It looks great.  Sorry to hear it turned out to ketchup-y.   Perhaps you could offset it with some cidar vinegar and/or mustard?   

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
    We actually salvaged this one tonight The SWMBO dumped the ketchupy soup in a strainer and washed the livin fire out of it. Back in a soup pot on the Big Clock, added chicken stock, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper with a few dried herbs. She saved the day.

Notice the lack of red color. Ketchup flavor gone. It taste very similar to what I know as Burgoo

image.jpg 2.2M

·