Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Pork ????

Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,984
Goin to do some PP for some Brunswick stew I have a 7 1/2lb butt and was thinkin of using a chipotle injection. I have never injected but was curious if that would change the cooking times I am used to. Just trying to decide if I need to put it on low & slow for an overnighter or do my normal of 350* straight thru which should take about a touch over 5hrs. Stew is for supper tomorrow night.

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Vote your normal way. Just to many things can go south on the overnight. I never inject, that is what spice is for while you pull it.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,667
    I inject mine with a vinegar marinade... I cook it as any other.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,984
    Thanks guys that is what I was hoping to hear. Overnight sucks even with a Maverick, I prefer to sleep when the sun ain't up!!

@Mickey - I have never wrapped for turbo because I like really crunchy bark, but goin in a stew this shouldn't matter. With your method what is a time guesstimate?

Done50/50 on wrap. I think I am about out of the wrap club.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

@Mickey - I have never wrapped for turbo because I like really crunchy bark, but goin in a stew this shouldn't matter. With your method what is a time guesstimate?

5 to 6. Hard guess

Mickey said:

Done50/50 on wrap. I think I am about out of the wrap club.

Are you contemplating the 350* naked club?

• Tried to post a ? on the naked 350* method for PP and it went into cyber space. Does the butt stay as moist using this method...Thanks

Alexander City,Al