Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza crust pre bake?

mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,719
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Tomorrow we have been asked to bring the pizza dough and were going to assemble the pizzas at our friends house. In the past when I cook the pizza on the bge..it seems to be a little under done due to all the toppings we use. So my question...should I preheat the crust on the bge and then take it to my friends? I would prefer that so the crust is toasted on the bge and then put the toppings on and finish it off in my friends oven. Thoughts.
·

Comments

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,424
    What kind of crust are you going for? When I've done pizza the only kind that I don't prebake a bit is the super thin crust type.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,406
    edited October 2013
    Preheat get the stone nice and hot 40 mins at least @500. No prebake necessary. I've done thin and thicker.
    No need for the egg, done my last 5+ pizzas in the oven on the stone. I don't miss that smoke the egg adds personally.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • I'm going for non doughy crust. Last pizza Cooked at 425 on stone. Cooked for 25 minutes..still doughy
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,109
    I'm going for non doughy crust. Last pizza Cooked at 425 on stone. Cooked for 25 minutes..still doughy

It sounds like its your dough and the temp you are cooking at, what is your recipe? Different dough's cook better at different temperatures.

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,860
    Just my $.02 but I don't think I would go through the trouble of firing up the egg just to pre-bake the crust.  It sounds like a pre-bake might be a solution to the issue, but I would just do it in your friends oven.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Y The other glaring issue is that my friends kitchen is really small..so there next to no room to stretch out the dough
    ·