Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork butt pan and time

Options
Do you guys use aluminum pans or right on the grid? I've done last few in pans but wonder if max flavor would come from being directly on grid.

Also - what is the rule of thumb for time/pound? I use Maverick for internal temp but trying to time for after golf - thanks for any thoughts!

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    If I am doin a single but I lay mine in my V rack It makes it easier to get in the house. But that is just me. If doin multiples they go straight on the grid with a drip pan on the PS.
    Cook time really depends on your method If you are cooking around 250-275 it will be between 1 1/2 -2hrs a lb. If you go turbo you will see about 45min per lb or less

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • khristyjeff
    Options
    Finished 2 butts yesterday totaling 8# that took 6 hours. Butts vary. I've cooked same temp in past in less time.