Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Not Tuesday, But Today

I planned on doing this hunk of meat for lunch at the office on Tuesday but things changed and this is now going to be ready to serve tomorrow. The Egg is loaded with mesquite charcoal, about 12 chunks of Hickory and six handfuls of cherry chips. The Stoker is set for a pit temperature of 215° and I will bump this temperature up a couple of times throughout the night. Lunch is 12 noon tomorrow. A side note, my wife and I are leaving in about an hour to go and see a Lionel Richie concert. I will be able to monitor the Egg from the concert on my iPhone. Love my Stoker
image.jpg 994.5K
image.jpg 272.8K
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,295
    Your egg is going to party, karamu, fiesta all night long!
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,420
    All night long... All night, all night.... All night long...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,295
    Hello! Is it me you're looking for? I can be to lunch by noon.
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,705
    People dancing in the street

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • thailandjohnthailandjohn Posts: 952
    edited October 2013
    This is how I Monitor from my iPhone. This is called the BBQ Monitor. Adjustments to the pit temperature can be made from the iPhone remotely
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,734
    That's great, hope that wasn't a current picture of the pit.  If the concert is decent sized that Iphone will blow through it's battery pretty quick fighting other phones for signal.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • I will check the pit temp picture on the iPhone not more than two times. If for some reason there is a problem, my son lives 10 minutes away and knows how to correct any problem
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,420

Hello! Is it me you're looking for? I can be to lunch by noon.

Egged food is my... Endless love...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I am disappointed this thread is not about hamburgers! 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • I planned on doing this hunk of meat for lunch at the office on Tuesday but things changed and this is now going to be ready to serve tomorrow. The Egg is loaded with mesquite charcoal, about 12 chunks of Hickory and six handfuls of cherry chips. The Stoker is set for a pit temperature of 215° and I will bump this temperature up a couple of times throughout the night. Lunch is 12 noon tomorrow. A side note, my wife and I are leaving in about an hour to go and see a Lionel Richie concert. I will be able to monitor the Egg from the concert on my iPhone. Love my Stoker

I planned on doing this hunk of meat for lunch at the office on Tuesday but things changed and this is now going to be ready to serve tomorrow. The Egg is loaded with mesquite charcoal, about 12 chunks of Hickory and six handfuls of cherry chips. The Stoker is set for a pit temperature of 215° and I will bump this temperature up a couple of times throughout the night. Lunch is 12 noon tomorrow. A side note, my wife and I are leaving in about an hour to go and see a Lionel Richie concert. I will be able to monitor the Egg from the concert on my iPhone. Love my Stoker

image.jpg 994.5K
    image.jpg 272.8K
    ·
  • Meats been on for two hours, Stoker doing its job, we're just leaving the house to go to the concert
    image.jpg 355.9K
    ·
  • That Stocker makes cooking "EASY! Easy, like Sunday morning"
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,705
    =D> and the theme continues

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • Just bumped the temp up to 250 to finish.......beneath the dark crusty surface is moist, tender, succulent pork
    image.jpg 1.3M
    image.jpg 273.1K
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    John is that a Pork Fat gasket?  you might give RRP a run for his money!
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,352

That is looking good.

I don't think I could as much as we do without my stoker. Second best thing after my BGE.

Set it and forget it.

Are you going to pull, chop or slice it?

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • I always do it pulled. I get my temperature of the meet up to 200 to 205 . There is no way I would be doing these long cooks without the Stoker. After getting the Egg, the next best investment in my opinion, is the Stoker
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,352
    I run with two fire probes, one in the dome and one at the grate for fan control. Then usually two meat probes. Use the Stoker Log software to plot the cook.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·