Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork roast

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,303
edited October 2013 in Pork

Did this tonight and it didn't suck. Frenched pork loin roast rubbed with garlic, sea salt and raw sugar. Basted with Dianna's mustard sauce and then Inglehoffer sweet hot mustard. Served with asparagus risotto. Some applewood and cooked to 140* and rested

photo 003-3.jpg

photo 020-1.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,330
    LOL, it didn't suck?  Good job on and every day cook.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,303
    I haven't actually eaten yet but my daughter  enjoyed it and my sister who is Down syndrome gave me an A+.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I haven't actually eaten yet but my daughter  enjoyed it and my sister who is Down syndrome gave me an A+.
    That makes it all worth while.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    She gives me an A+ most nights. It still feels good.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 507
    That looks great and tasty.
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010)
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,631
    Looks great, plated pic is perfect.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • It didn't suck?  That's right up there with "We choked it down."  Looks great to me!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Looks very edible.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,189
    Looks delicious. How did you do the pan sauce?
    ·
    I think you mean the balsamico I drizzled on the sweet peppers

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,797
    Damn that sounds/looks good! I'll have to try sweet hot mustard on pork like that. 

A+'s from family always feel good and make it all worthwhile :)  The best compliment I have ever received was from my niece and nephew when they dubbed my ribs "world famous" a couple of years ago. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 587
    @Little_Steven I'd like to know how you made Risotto and watched the egg.  I know it doesn't take much watching - but that's being in two places at once.

Large BGE

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,863
    Nice, very nice. Pork loin roast always a crowd pleaser, specially when the crowd is the family. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • It looks great and sounds wonderful...looking forward to trying this myself. I'm a BGE newbie so I'm trying to cook everything I see right now.
    ·
    BigWader said:
    @Little_Steven I'd like to know how you made Risotto and watched the egg.  I know it doesn't take much watching - but that's being in two places at once.

BW,

I don't sweat risotto too much on a weeknight. If I'm making it for guests I'll get a new box of Arborio and pay attention but it is a pretty easy cook at best. I couldn't get the egg down below 300* but it was still a slow cook. That and I have about 5 steps from the egg to the stove. BTW I have done risotto on the egg but it doesn't add much IMHO.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·