Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Beef short rib help

Hi I am hoping for a little advice today. I have been trying to find short ribs and none of the shops around here carry them. I finally decided to buy a short rib roast and remove the ribs to give it a try. The recipie I like the looks of is in the video link. I seasoned the ribs (left a fair bit of meat on them) and did the same with the remaining meat. I vac sealed all the pieces and put them in the sous vide at 158 per the link below. I plan on leaving them in for 24 hours and then smoking them for 3 or 4 hours on the egg, mopping every 45 min or so. What do you pros think?

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,016
    I do them at 148F for 48 hours.  Cool them down, then dry them off, apply a rub and cook raised direct for 10 minutes or so at 350-400F until they're browned and the outside is getting a nice sear.  Then I sauce them and cook for another 10 minutes to caramelize the sauce.