It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
· 4 lb tomatoes, halved lengthwise
· 1 head of garlic, unpeeled; cut off top 1/3 of head
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
· 1 medium onion, finely chopped
· 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
· 2 teaspoons sugar
· 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
· 3 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
· 1/2 cup heavy cream
Preheat the Egg to 350°; use a plate setter, legs up with the grid on top.
Arrange tomatoes, cut sides up, in 1 layer in a large shallow roasting pan and add garlic to pan. Drizzle tomatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast tomatoes and garlic on the Egg for 1 hour; cool in pan on a rack. Squeeze garlic out of the cloves.
Cook onion, oregano, and sugar in butter in a 6- to 8-quart heavy pot over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, and stock and simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
Purée soup using an immersion blender
then force through a sieve into cleaned pot, discarding solids. Stir in cream
and salt and pepper to taste and simmer 2 minutes.
Divide soup among bowls and top with
freshly grated parmesan cheese.