Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shoutout to an Awesome Dealer

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
After some of the dealer stories here I just had to post a 1st class experience. My Plate Setter had developed a crack from the edge to the the center and seemed to be growing. So I dug up the receipt and headed to Meadow Creek BBQ in New Holland, PA where I purchased it. Showed it to them, they said just a minute, we'll grab a new one for you. I asked if they needed to see the receipt and they said nope, you're all set. 

That's how you earn repeat business!

Here is the new Plate Setter in my XL. Looks out of place given how white it is...
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Yep sounds like you've got a great dealer there. Its a pity that some don't understand that treating their customers well = repeat business.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • mombasa333
    Options
    Dealers can make or break a good product.  I'm just as fortunate as you.  The Egg dealership in Southlake, Texas seems to be run by a husband and wife team called BBQ Outfitters.  My wife does not understand why I drive such a distance to get charcoal.  Its the service.  They are wonderful.
  • vapilotda
    Options

That's great stuff! While we are at it, I'll throw props to my dealer in Richmond as well, Outdoor Kitchen Creations. I had a piece of ceramic flake out of my dome and the firebox had a crack in it. They replaced both pieces as well as my plate setter that had a hairline crack through it. All no questions asked and very friendly to boot. It's what helps create loyalty.

large and XL BGE in Richmond, VA