Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

BGE XL Table question

I am going to take the plunge and get a medium to go with my XL (Thanks Travis).  I have the BGE table for the XL.  There is enough room to add the medium in the unused space.  Has anyone else done this? Does the table have enough strength to support 2 Eggs?  Anything I am missing here?
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Comments

• KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 528
    This is just me, but I don't think I would put two Eggs in a table unless I built it myself and knew it was strong enough to hold up. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• RRPRRP Posts: 13,035
    edited October 2013
    I built my table to hold my large, but with the thought of adding a small in the future which I did 4 months later. Since that was my intention I spaced the support accordingly. Your best bet is to measure to see, and then re-enforce it! Unless they are making them stronger those BGE tables were known to rack easily.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Just me, but what is the point of a table if there is no room to stage things because all the space is taken by the cookers? If you made an extra long table maybe, but seems self-defeating to me.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,017
    edited October 2013
    It's very common to put two eggs in a single table. 

The added weight shouldn't be a problem, just about every table I've seen built is over-engineered.  If you do see noticeable sagging on the bottom shelf, sister some additional lumber under that shelf.

As far as the comment about the staging space goes, you can always put a table on either or both sides of the egg table if there's insufficient room between the eggs.  Or add some fold out wings.

• I already have a stainless prep table on wheels to the side so it would not be an issue for me.  I do not presently use the space on the table for staging.
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa