Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE XL Table question

I am going to take the plunge and get a medium to go with my XL (Thanks Travis).  I have the BGE table for the XL.  There is enough room to add the medium in the unused space.  Has anyone else done this? Does the table have enough strength to support 2 Eggs?  Anything I am missing here?
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    This is just me, but I don't think I would put two Eggs in a table unless I built it myself and knew it was strong enough to hold up. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    edited October 2013
    I built my table to hold my large, but with the thought of adding a small in the future which I did 4 months later. Since that was my intention I spaced the support accordingly. Your best bet is to measure to see, and then re-enforce it! Unless they are making them stronger those BGE tables were known to rack easily.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Just me, but what is the point of a table if there is no room to stage things because all the space is taken by the cookers? If you made an extra long table maybe, but seems self-defeating to me.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited October 2013
    It's very common to put two eggs in a single table. 

The added weight shouldn't be a problem, just about every table I've seen built is over-engineered.  If you do see noticeable sagging on the bottom shelf, sister some additional lumber under that shelf.

As far as the comment about the staging space goes, you can always put a table on either or both sides of the egg table if there's insufficient room between the eggs.  Or add some fold out wings.
    I already have a stainless prep table on wheels to the side so it would not be an issue for me.  I do not presently use the space on the table for staging.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa