Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest Pix-Added Color

Options
jfm0830
jfm0830 Posts: 987
edited October 2013 in EGGtoberfest
My wife and I just got back from our trip to Eggtoberfest 16 on Monday night. We extended our trip a few days where Monday was the Columbus Day holiday back home. We both had a wonderful time. I am sure there will be lots of pix of the cooking area, so I figured I'd post some other types of photos for people who either didn't go at all, didn't stay at the hotel, didn't go to Stone Mountain etc. BTW thanks to all of the cooks for the great food you put out!!

The approach to the Evergreen Conference Resort. We are about 1/2 mile away from it. It is in the woods on the far side of the lake. We had a nice view from our room onto this lake.

They had sample Eggs set up in the registration lobby, including the 2XL which was actually news to me. During the show I asked various folks about it and I was told it was coming out for the holidays and would sell for around $4K. Evidentally some folks took the even larger One-off Eggzilla seriously and wanted a huge BGE.

Here is the view into the central courtyard which was surrounded by the hotel on 3 sides. Half the rooms looked down on this courtyard and the other half (including ours) looked onto the lake.

Here is our room and the view out of our balcony onto the lake.

On the grounds of the Eggtoberfest the had brought the Happy Belly food truck which has a BGE built into it's Kitchen area.

BGE had a long tent that served as an on site company store. I am guilty of doing some Eggcesorizing while I was there. In one corner they had the One-off Eggzilla prototype. I was told part of the reason for the 2XL was there were a number of people who saw the Eggzilla and wanted something similar in size.

There was a demo tent where there were cooking demos throughout the show. I attended one with Dr. BBQ making some tasty fajitas.

The 2XL spotted in the wild. After his cooking demo, Dr. BBQ moved over to the Dizzy Pig demo area and was cooking on the 2XL. He said he hadn't cooked on it before this day and later when I asked him what he thought, he said it was just like cooking on any other BGE there was just more of it. To give you an idea of the size the DFMC is the same size unit as is on my Large, but here it looks tiny.

On Sunday my wife and I took a tram ride up to the top of Stone Mountain.

It was a beautiful clear day and you can see Atlanta in the distance about 20 miles away.

You were able to walk all around the summit and you can also hike up or down too if you want. Although the top is fenced off the area inside the fences was steep in places and could be quite irregular. In these over litigious days I was a bit surprised by this.

The Confederate Memorial carving is 90' x 190' and is recessed about 42' into the mountain and is 400' above grade.. It depicts CSA president Jefferson Davis, Gen. Robert E. Lee & Gen. Stonewall Jackson.The carved area is said to be larger than a football field and Mt. Rushmore.

So there is a little color from Eggtoberfest 2013.

Jim
3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.

Comments