Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What I learned from EGGTOBERFEST

I will learn how to bake on the egg this year. I am going to pick up my baking stone and pizza peel this afternoon. I am open to suggestions before I start this trial and error quest. Also who won the recipie contest?

BGE-XL

North Alabama

·

Comments

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,716

The team with their sausage (same one was 2nd last year). Not sure of the team name.

Where in N AL do you live?

·
  • Hartselle.... How bout you?

BGE-XL

North Alabama

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902

Hartselle.... How bout you?

Your mighty close by. I'm just south of you in Cullman. The wife is from Falkville. Her mom lives in Hartselle.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,083
    Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast... Great book. Cooks everything in a ci do.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • shtgunal3 said:
    Your mighty close by. I'm just south of you in Cullman. The wife is from Falkville. Her mom lives in Hartselle.
    It's a small world... My dad graduated from Falkville. We will have to get together if we ever get an Eggfest around here!

BGE-XL

North Alabama

·
  • There is one scheduled for next May or June (I can't remember) at Ross Bridge in Hoover.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,039
    Any of you Bama folk know Town Creek?  What about the Key Underwood Coondog Cemetery in Cherokee?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I've heard of both. Been through Cherokee before.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • thetrim said:

Any of you Bama folk know Town Creek?  What about the Key Underwood Coondog Cemetery in Cherokee

Yes I know of both places...

BGE-XL

North Alabama

·
  • nealcr1nealcr1 Posts: 179
    Originally from Columbiana. Moved to Homewood after graduating from AU. Moved to ATL following a job. Any Eggfests in AL coming soon?
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,716
    Huntsville
    ·
  • bo31210bo31210 Posts: 362
    You cannot put the name Coondog cemetery out there without some kind of explanation.
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,039
    There you go. Thanks for posting. Very cool spot. Americana
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • bo31210bo31210 Posts: 362
    Well I never knew. If ever in the area will have to stop by. Thanks for sharing!
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
    ·