Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rib Eyes for four~nailed it!

We don't eat a lot of beef anymore...but the yen for some good old steak was too strong to ignore.  

Ran my MBGE up to the max, (yes the thermometer was maxed out) and then brushed some EVOO on 4 Rib Eyes, liberally sea-salted, and coarsely-ground peppered followed by 4 minutes per side on the CI grate. Then 10 minutes resting under foil and 'Voila!    

The anti thesis to low-n-slow.

Beef awesomeness with garlic mashers and green salad (and a green bottled Rolling Rock)

Rave reviews!  (pat's self on back and takes and imaginary bow)
When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
IMG_1601.JPG 1023.6K
·

Comments

• dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    Love ribeyes on the egg.  My favorite cut of steak, no doubt.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 600
    Great job, GoGo.  Before the Egg, I never cooked Ribeyes because I could not get them hot enough.  Now, It is our go to cut of beef.  Love it with the bone in. I do them about 500 per side for 2 min each then roast for a while more and pull at 130 on the Tpen to rest. 
    Milton, GA.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Nice job all the way down to the Rolling Rock!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·