Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT- Wasn't planning on day drinking today......but........

Headed over to gods country (Russian River Valley
CA) for some "work" all week. Somehow, out of nowhere, we got a foot of rain this morning on a 50% chance. Sat in plane 1 for 2.5 hrs before cancelled due to equip issues. All other flights out of Austin oversold due to this being the last day of ACL festival. Then today at ACL got cancelled at the last minute due to city wide flooding. Airport was full to say the least but finally got to dallas. Long story short: 6 hr layover+free booze (admirals club)= ?

·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 6,964
    I'm surprised you're still lucid enough to start a thread! :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • When did the admirals club start giving free booze?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,915
    Nice! Have a good trip!
    ·
  • henapple said:

Wasn't planning on drinking today.... I've never said that.

I'm a terrible planner anyway.

·
  • When did the admirals club start giving free booze?

They always have. maybe it's my rugged good looks?

·
  • Well liquor and house beer/wine is always free but I'm on the company dime so it's all free to me. If rather buy my own and be home on a Sunday but can't win them all.

·
  • I haven't been in an Admirals club in probably 15 years. I do not remember free (alcoholic) drinks. Either times have changed or my memory is getting worse than I remember it being!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,915
    henapple said:

Wasn't planning on drinking today.... I've never said that.

Me neither... Well sometimes after I'm two bourbons in and feeling warm and fuzzy. Then it's followed by a hearty chuckle and a shake of my head.
    ·
  • I've only been darkening the door of admirals club for 3 years so anything beyond that, I cannot attest to. Oops, glass is empty. Time for a refresh.
    Safe travels!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • I'm a star alliance traveler, and the house booze/beer is free there too, includes titos, so I get by. Long layovers destroy me. Hate too say that I'm based in Austin, but I know bartenders at the club's in San Fran and Newark. Safe travels.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • greetings from 38000 feet. it is quite dangerous (for most) to get free booze on the ground and in the air but I will muddle through. My first class mates are all in long pants, collared shirts (many with sport coats) and sipping on 2-buck-chuck red wine as a way to look civilized. I have successfully avoided all of those traps. carry on........

·
  • Did you bring any Pliny The Elder back with you?

I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion. - John Steinbeck

Katy, Texas

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,421
    There goes the neighborhood !!!!!!!!! =))

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • Did you bring any Pliny The Elder back with you?

He and I have a meeting scheduled for his evening.

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,371
    Me neither, then the AC went out last night, and a problem with the pool pump popped up.  Somehow drinking and waiting for contractors goes together.

Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    henapple said:
    Wasn't planning on drinking today...

I think I say that more often than I should. What'cha gonna do? :D

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    greetings from 38000 feet. it is quite dangerous (for most) to get free booze on the ground and in the air but I will muddle through. My first class mates are all in long pants, collared shirts (many with sport coats) and sipping on 2-buck-chuck red wine as a way to look civilized. I have successfully avoided all of those traps. carry on........
    I don't need to drink today. I'm still in the bag from yesterday....Happy Thanksgiving.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,222
    Well, I sadly never say that.... ;)

·