Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Bags for Foodsaver

I can get standard 8x12 bags from work for $.0907 each. The Foodsaver ones are $.50 ish each. Its a 3 mil not a 4 mil like the FS bags. the case has 2000 bags in it, and its only myself and my wife so a bag that size does 2 portions for us no problem. Does any standard vacuum bag work in these contraptions?

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Sledder, Quadder, Rock and Roller, Big Green Egg Smoker.

·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,914
    Yes, I've got some from chef's supplies that were thinner. I seem to remember I had to turn my seal time down.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,114
    Typically they will seal most plastic bags, but the success of the Food Saver is drawing down a vacuum and flat bags won't do that. FS has a proprietary channel pattern to one side which allows the air to be extracted before sealing.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,114
    edited October 2013
    Here is a link to bags that will work with a Food Saver and at a much more reasonable cost - especially when bought in bulk quantities. Their secret is a third layer of plastic mesh sandwiched on the inside which allows the air to be extracted. Here is a close up of that mesh.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·