Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Looking for good drip pans

I'm fairly new at this, but I'm dissatisfied with my square drip pans. I have a large BGE and am thinking that a 15" or 16" round drip pan would be ideal. Big enough to catch everything, but without blocking proper heat flow. Disposables would be preferable, but I'd even settle for a tin pan. Any ideas?
Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015
Naperville, IL

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,415
    You may want to look at the ceramicgrillstore.com. You are going to want an adjustable rig at some time and they have awesome stainless drip pans that you can get in a package. Otherwise a deep dish pizza pan works well.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hey Little Steven, thanks! I'll check that out. That's twice in one day I've connected with you!
    Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015
    Naperville, IL
  • I have an XL, but you might measure across your plate setter and get the diameter.  I purchased some foil disposable pizza pans that happen to fit mine.  They work great.  Put 3 or more balls of wadded up foil between the pan and the plate setter to keep drippings from burning and giving your food an off taste. 
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • I found some 13x9 aluminum, shallow, lasagna pans at the grocery, 2 for $6. I line them with foil or easy cleanup and they are cheaper than disposables. FYI, rectangular works better with the adjustable rig. Also, I don't think I ever use a drip pan as a drip pan. I use it for the veggies to sit under some cooking meat like a spatchcock chicken.
  • I buy aluminum roaster pans at Walmart for .94 cents each.  Works great for me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,196
    Depending on how deep you need the pan, dollar store pizza pans are ideal. Wrap in foil for easy clean up. Come in 12/13/14/15".
    Found some round disposables at a local supply house, 13" was the largest, ideal for a MBGE, too small for a large. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • +1 for what steven said.. adj rig is great and i got the setup with the drip pan......buy an extra its worth the few buck
    Beaufort, SC
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,162
    If you like the stainless steel drip pans, swing by your local Indian grocer (if you have one) for all kinds of stainless steel utensils, including round plate/platter type things that will work.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ceramic Grill store is good place for SS pans.  Cooking stores are another and believe it or not baking stores also goo place to find SS pans.  Expand your search to SS cake pans. 
    But like Little Stephen says those places only sell pans and not the other great eegsories that Tom has.   
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX