Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Deep dish cook with video-

Put together a story and video from a recent deep dish cook-

Was surprised it took a full hour to cook when I budgeted for 35 min, but it was well worth the wait.  

Here is the link to the vid:

Story to come later-
imageimage
·

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    edited October 2013

Question: Do you really need a PS if using CI? I have done pizza but not a deep dish yet.

Nice looking pie.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • allsidallsid Posts: 402

six_egg said:

Question: Do you really need a PS if using CI? I have done pizza but not a deep dish yet.

Nice looking pie.

I did not use a PS.  Just a pizza stone with a couple of bricks on top.  I do like the heat shield, but am more in love with getting it raised in the dome so the top gets some radiant heat.
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    Ahh ok. The stone helps top and bottom cook evenly?

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 510
    That looks good... Gotta add that to my list.
    LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
    ·
  • allsidallsid Posts: 402
    six_egg said:
    Ahh ok. The stone helps top and bottom cook evenly?
    Actually, I use the stone as a heat barrier so the bottom does not get nuked

·
  • Okay... this video and the photos have inspired me... deep dish pizza it is as we watch the Gamecocks play! 
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Good looking pizza. I enjoyed the video as well. :-bd

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,359
    Great looking pizza and vid.  

I agree with the use of some type of indirect.  I'm pretty sure if you went direct the crust would get a little too crispy by the time the top was done ;).  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·