Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

No fall colours this year

Everything went from green to brown in the last couple of weeks. Dunno how it is in the south but missed them this year

photo 007-5.jpg

photo 004-5.jpg

photo 006-3.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• Straight to brown, eh?  Sounds pretty crappy.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,370
    Ya man, You remember those hills you came up? Normally folks are parked at the crest of the escarpment taking pictures at this time of year.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Those hills are great scenery.  All kidding aside, little or no fall colors sucks.  Its one of the great things about living up north.  Sorry Steven. 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• RRPRRP Posts: 16,120
    edited October 2013
    Hmmmm, I believe there is a poetic answer... Spring sprung Fall fell Summer was here Hotter than usual...
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,193
    One of the things I miss about the east, the fall trees and the changing colours. Here on the left coast, it is always green, guess that's why they call them evergreens (duh?). Brisket is at 203, time to see if it passes the buttah test.. before my Giants lose and my A's get eliminated....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,361
    edited October 2013
    Was pretty poor here in utard this year too:

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • warwomanwarwoman Posts: 228
    Just starting in the southern appalachians. Hoping for the best. Will send pics if worthwhile.
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,861
    What's with the superfluous u?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 1,007
    It's like that most of the time here in northeast Texas.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
  • With this rain we just got in PA looks like it will do the same :( not too much color yet, I hope the leaves stay around and turn.
    Aurora,OH
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,703
    It is still pretty green here (Atlanta) but we are not far away.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• AviatorAviator Posts: 1,542

As mentioned in another OT thread, we were riding the Smokies and had no color. Rain, is good, but took the show away.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

What's with the superfluous u?
    Learning some big words eh Trav?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,483
    from what ive been seeing down here theres plenty of color but the overcast skies dont let the colors pop. you really need the sun to get the red out of the reds
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 594
    edited October 2013

Stayed warm - no cold frosty nights which I think shocks the leaf somehow to stop drawing nutrients and then nature's colours come out.

That and last Sunday was a windy windy day so most of the trees in our area blew the first wave of coloured leaves right off.

Sucks to hear that the countryside isn't popping though - we're heading to my parent's Saturday for Thanksgiving so was hoping to see some colour.

Large BGE

We've had two killing frosts so far. It has been unusually warm and a lot of rain.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• galengalen Posts: 53

Fall colors in Hawaii are when the bananas ripen....

Aloha

• We got some color this year. Going to be a nice long weekend here. imageimageimageimageimage
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    Nice, the biggest problem here is that the maples didn't go through the red stage I think.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BigWaderBigWader Posts: 594
    @AlbertaEgger my brother lived for many years in northern Ontario - poplar and pine - no maples.  That was the thing he missed the most about the fall was the colours of the maple trees.  Your pics remind me of northern Ontario fall colours.

Large BGE

• Well i am a ways from Ontario, wish i had maples. Out front of the house is all Birch, various types of poplar, and some spruce and pine. Out back stays green for the winter as it is all various pines and spruce. I do like the back for the winter as it is nice to see the green all year round.

Front vs back. The snow will be here soon, very soon. Still hoping for one or two more fall fishing days though.

Little Steven, do you live next to a park, or is that all your place. Looks very nice.

imageimage
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 1,907

Everything's still green down here.

"Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees." 
    -Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Peachtree Corners, GA

@AlbertaEgger

That is my property out back, we have 5 acres and about 3 1/2 of it is bush. Your patch looks awesome as well. Did you ever put up pics of your deck finished?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I did here - http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1153171/ot-so-pretty-happy-right-now#latest when it was almost done, still need to stain but we are waiting till next summer. We have got plenty of use out of it so far.

Sounds like you have the perfect land size, very nice.

imageimageimageimage
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 1,907
    That's an awesome deck in beautiful country.  Been thru a couple times on my way to Calgary for the Stampede. 
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees." 
    -Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Peachtree Corners, GA