Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Couldn't wait for Eggtoberfest

Ok...so I've been too busy. Finally had time and with all of this talk of Eggtoberfest just had to go to Restaurant Depot and pick up a couple of pork butts...going Turbo today. Been having great luck with Chris Lilliy's recipe but I decided to do a test. Top one is Texas BBQ rub with Worcestershire and the bottom is CHris Lilly's rub and injected. I think it is going to be a big win either way.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Nice! What size egg is that?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

Is the lead wrapped with foil to keep from getting smoke stained?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ha.. Yeah that's why. The temp got away from me for a little while (400) so they got a little crispy but not too bad. This was before I foiled them.