Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Flounder - first try with pics

Made a basic Cajun rub (below) found from cooks illustrated and made a Tartar Sauce (below) I found from a trout post that @griffin posted in the spring - thanks dude!  Earlier in the night I bloomed the spice rub in warm butter in a skillet and let it cool in the fridge.  Next I scored (cut thin slits) the flounder with the skin on, and rubbed the spice/butter mixture into slits in fish and all over both sides.    I went raised direct (rather than cast iron and oil) at 475F for about 2 mins per side. I suck at grilling fish - never know when it is done.  The middle ended up a little undercooked so we put that back in the oven for a few minutes while we ate the ends.  Also, I left a few small pin bones in the fish - ooopps - still learning, but overall turned out very nice.  

Horseradish and Tarragon Tartar Sauce

• 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp grated lemon zest
  • 1 to 3 tbsp of prepared horseradish, I’ll let you decide how spicy you want it
  • 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
  • 2 tbsp capers, drained and roughly chopped
  • 3 dashes of hot sauce (I prefer Frank’s, but feel free to sub in your own brand and adjust if you want more)
  • 2 tbsp finely chopped tarragon leaves
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
CAJUN RUB
  • 1/2 cup sweet paprika
  • tablespoons kosher salt
  • tablespoons garlic powder
  • tablespoon dried thyme
  • teaspoons ground celery seed
  • teaspoons ground black pepper
  • teaspoons cayenne pepper
Columbus, Ohio