Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Why you need to make your own vanilla extract - beaver butt

Homemade vanilla extract makes a great gift, and I've been making it for years. Here's a great reason to make your own.
It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
- Camp Hill, PA

interesting - i use vanilla all the time   X(
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,271
    Wow. Who would have thought the national animal emblem of my country has a butt that emits goo used for vanilla flavouring? Learn something every day. Thanks Tj - I'll stick to your great extract, thanks for the lead on the beans. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,598
    Just don't tell VI. I have two bottles of his outstanding elixir and like them just fine without beaver butt juice.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Wow, never saw that one coming. I'm definitely going to make my own but at least Kirkland brand doesn't list any "natural flavoring" on the ingredients.
    Dunedin, FL
  • That's odd; I've eaten a lot of beaver and never noticed a vanilla taste.  :-?
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Aurora, Ontario, Canada
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,858

That's odd; I've eaten a lot of beaver and never noticed a vanilla taste.  :-?

They must have been very clean.