Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Old School Ribs

No fancy rub, no sugar, no Parkay, no honey, nothing but a little bit of salt-and-pepper. Over the years I've had many a good rib cooked this way on a 55 gallon drum. I would purchase these ribs from some old guy cooking in front of his house on a back road in the south It was on one of these trips that I got my world famous soul sauce recipe and several interesting stories regarding barbecue from a real neat old man These ribs are called commodity ribs, each rack weighs about 5 1/2 pounds. They are very inexpensive. I paid a $1.84 lb for these at our business Costco The Egg is loaded with mesquite charcoal,Almond wood and Hickory chips. The Stoker temperature is set at 225° and during the last couple of hours I will pump up the temperature Now I'm starting to make 2 gallons of the soul sauce
image.jpg 1.4M
image.jpg 1.3M
·

Comments

• Please post some after pics. Im interested to see how they come out. Ive got three racks of baby back on right now.
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,361
    I like them old school too.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 702
    edited October 2013
    If you need 2 gallons of sauce for 2 racks of ribs... :-O
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
    ·