Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Emergency rain hood

I put a meatloaf on this morning even though I knew it was going to rain. And it did of course. I made an emergency rain hood out of foil. It's working so far. Anyone else make one of these I'd love to see your designs.
image.jpg 2.2M
image.jpg 1.9M

• looks great but you really don't need it. Your egg will power through almost any rain. I've cooked in downpours (back when we got rain) with no issues whatsoever.

• JackhJackh Posts: 105
    Grand gaughter had to have chicken legs on her "small egg" in the rain
    image.jpg 1.4M
    Lg&Sm ---Middleport NY
  • dizzy1dizzy1 Posts: 34
    Before I got my egg, grilling in the rain wasn't even a consideration.
    Took the meatloaf off and put an apple pie on!
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I bought my large a rain hat.
    image.jpg 2.6M

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Nice one get that at the hardware store?
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,829
    Cool ideas.....................but here in the Willamette Valley, with average 42 inches of rain a year, it really helps to have your deck covered!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • We haven't had 42 in he's of rain in 5 years.

• jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,829
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    Ok so the wind got to the first one and the pie was getting wet so... Had to redesign.
    image.jpg 2.1M
    lol, not bad. i use a patio umbrella. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
  • Heavy duty foil folded 3 times. Quick, easy, amd withstands a downpour
    image.jpg 1.2M