Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Chicken (Spatchcock) Enchiladas

TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
edited October 2013 in Poultry
Had some left over spatchcock chicken from a week or so ago and used it to make some sour cream chicken enchiladas last night. I made about 1 1/2 dozen corn tortillas and some nice green chili, sour cream sauce and put everything together. Topped them with shredded monterey jack cheese and heated them on the egg (indirect at around 400*) for about 20 minutes; until the sauce was bubbling and the cheese had started to brown a bit on top. Served them with some mexican rice and black beans Also enjoyed from candied jalepenos that I had picked up on my recent trip to Texas.

(Note: Had some trouble uploading pics so the first two are out of sequence).

004.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 1M
005.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
003.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
006.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 1M
002.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments