Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoking chk breasts...

Any suggestions on time and temp?  Also, should I brine these bad boys prior to smoking them?  If so, how should I make the brine?  Many thanks!
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,808
    400 dome raised direct. Takes about 45 min. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • yes brine. cup salt/1/2 cup sugar/gallon water. 1-3 hrs in the brine and let dry in the fridge if you can

I do 350 indirect but Travis' way is good too. personal preference.

I usually see how Travis does it then do it another way :))

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I go about 2-3 hours in the brine. No more. Be sure to rinse well with cold water after pulling out of the brine.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,286
    Doesn't travis have a thread about that? How I boil my chicken breasts

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,169

Doesn't travis have a thread about that? How I boil my chicken breasts

It's called "chick'n titties, how I fondle them"
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,808
    That's it. I'm outta here!!!!!
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • 350 indirect for about an hour, depending on size, has always worked for me. Major face palm when relatives that were visiting didn't know that there's better ways to cook a chicken breast than to grill it to death.
    ·