Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Paging Little Steven

Little Steven,

I am going to use your method for making stuffing the night before for Thanksgiving this year. I am just wondering how long you reheat it for the day of? 30 mins at 350 or so?

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,583
    I think its more like two hours. When I started egging the turkeys I tried to come up with something that cooked like it was done in the bird. The wings and necks have to get fully cooked. When is Thanksgiving?

Caledon, ON

• Sunday, October 13. My plan is to cook the stuffing under foil for three hours at 350 on Saturday. Then on Sunday, re-heat it with no foil so it crisps up. You figure two hours on Sunday to reheat?
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,583
    Sorry I missed your point there. I've never reheated it as a whole thing. I usually make it up the day before without the raw turkey bits. I would think an hour would reheat it. If it's not hot in the bottom when it's brown on top then put the foil back on. I meant the cook time was about two hours. Thinking about it three is more like it. I usually pull the turkey parts out when I take the foil off to brown. Throw the bits in the stock.

Caledon, ON

• Excellent. Thanks.