Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Turbo Ribs

EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,692
Rubbed down loin back ribs with Don Marco's Pig Powder.

Stacked them on my grid extender with hickory for smoke at 350 grid(well, 350-412 because my Maverick has a mind of it's own. Thank goodness for Thermapen.)

On at 1253, off at 1430. No cut shots because SWMBO had family over. Choose your battles carefully.

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,507
    Looks great. I'd be all over those.
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 8,331
    Damn! You got it done quick! Did you have to rotate the racks from top to bottom during the cook, or did they all cook pretty evenly?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Your kitchen looks just like mine! Suppy cups in one pic an breast milk in the other!!

• Ribs look great! Makes me wanna go home and thaw some for tomorrow

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,692
    @caliking, I had one rack smaller than the others so I left that on the bottom. The larger 2 I rotated halfway through.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,634
    Wow that is good looking
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,527
    Those do look good. :)

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,837
    Looks great!  

You have an XL right?  If so...those are some big slabs! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,577
    Are those Ron Jeremy ribs? :D
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Looks great!  Was it a rib weekend or something in the air?  You, myself, and 5 other of my buddies did ribs this weekend.  None of those lads have eggs so we're on top!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Looks phenomenal.  Very jealous!
    Southern California