Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turbo Ribs

EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,406
Rubbed down loin back ribs with Don Marco's Pig Powder.

Stacked them on my grid extender with hickory for smoke at 350 grid(well, 350-412 because my Maverick has a mind of it's own. Thank goodness for Thermapen.)

On at 1253, off at 1430. No cut shots because SWMBO had family over. Choose your battles carefully.
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks great. I'd be all over those.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,060
    Damn! You got it done quick! Did you have to rotate the racks from top to bottom during the cook, or did they all cook pretty evenly?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Your kitchen looks just like mine! Suppy cups in one pic an breast milk in the other!!

XLBGE 
    ·
  • Ribs look great! Makes me wanna go home and thaw some for tomorrow

XLBGE 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,406
    @caliking, I had one rack smaller than the others so I left that on the bottom. The larger 2 I rotated halfway through.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Wow that is good looking
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,361
    Those do look good. :)

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,871
    Looks great!  

You have an XL right?  If so...those are some big slabs! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,575
    Are those Ron Jeremy ribs? :D
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Looks great!  Was it a rib weekend or something in the air?  You, myself, and 5 other of my buddies did ribs this weekend.  None of those lads have eggs so we're on top!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • Looks phenomenal.  Very jealous!
    Southern California
    ·