Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ISO great bread for pulled pork

Options
I smoked my first pork butt this weekend and loved how it turned out. Next time I would like to egg a loaf of bread to have open faced pulled pork sandwiches. What recipe do you use for the perfect bread to compliment your pork?
St. Louis, MO

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    Unless I'm really trying to impress someone I just use plain cheap hamburger buns or Texas Toast.  But to each his own, I also put pulled pork on almost everything.  I'm sure someone will come along with some better suggestions then me. Good luck on your search.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    A sourdough would work well. I think that anything you do will work since the egg turns out hearty, artisan-style bread due to the nature of ceramics in baking.