Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie's First Pizzas on the Egg

Options
lantzwr
lantzwr Posts: 229
Here are some pictures of my first two pizzas in the egg.  Platesetter legs down, pizza stone on wire holder turned upside down, BGE at 600 degrees.  Both came out perfect.  Just used Publix pizza dough.  Crust was crispy and chewy, and toppings were cooked perfectly with cheese bubbly and brown.  Thanks for all the tips on here.

Rob
RobLarge BGE, Merritt Island, (Space Coast of Florida)

Boiler UP

Comments

• lantzwr
    Options
    Forgot to add that I let the whole setup warm up to 600 for at least 45 minutes or so.

Boiler UP
  • flynnbob
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Looks great! It is good to get the stone high in the dome - I use bricks.  I also use Publix dough and roll it very thin.  I can get 2 pizzas out of one ball. I use the parchment paper method to transfer the dough from the peel to the stone - It will make your life easy. There is a good tomato pizza sauce recipe on the forum if you are interested.  You are on your way ...
    Milton, GA.
  • revolver1
    Options
    eggs are wonderful, Welcome.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • lantzwr
    Options
    Thanks.  I used corn meal instead of parchment paper and had no problem transferring the pizza from the peel to the stone.  I also made two pizzas from one ball.  They were BOGO today, so I have another dough ball to use on Tuesday night.  Cannot wait to do it again.

Boiler UP