Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tomorrow night's dinner is on

FiremanyzFiremanyz Posts: 562
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum
Just put tomorrow nights brisket in. This will be my first overnight low and slow brisket. I have done two using the "Travis method" but none over night. Grill is settled in around 225 and I have some big chunks of white oak in with it.
image.jpg 750K
image.jpg 603.1K
·

Comments

• Great pics, good luck!
    Aurora,OH
    ·
  • Love the yard
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,422
    Enjoy, I love overnight cooks.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • It's been holding between 210 and 220 with the outside air at 56 degrees. Im going to bed and ill check on it in a few hours.
    ·
  • Just went and checked the temp had climbed a bit. It was up around 280 to 290. I decided to open it and see what the temp of the meat was. So at ten hours it was 156 in the flat. Looks like I got a ways to go.
    ·
  • At fifteen hours it is still only 165 in the flat and 170 in the point. We are getting there but very slowly.
    image.jpg 903.2K
    ·
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 315
    That looks good. I wish my family would eat brisket, I would cook me up a big ol piece meat like that. Unfortunately I am the only one that would eat it and most of it would probably go to waste.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

·
  • FINALLY done was on for almost 17 hours. I had to cut the tip off of the flat to taste it. All I can say is YUMMMM. Can't wait to eat it tonight. The second pic is a small cooler that I was able to fit it into.
    image.jpg 776.9K
    image.jpg 727.6K
    ·