Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Butt stix

Ok I had a crazy thought at work today.

Everybody who does Butts on the egg loves the bark.

How can I get more bark on my butts.

then I thought why don't you just cut down the butts into "strips". I thought about this for a while, trying to think the process through to its completion.

So this my plan:

Cut the butt into about 2" square strips. Skewer it, (cause everything tastes better on a skewer) and proceed as normal for cooking temps and set up.

Of course it wont take as long to come to temp, hence this I think is my only possible issue, is that it wont have time to "get tender" like a normal pulled pork. I figure if it doesn't work, it will be like a porkchop on a stick with extra bark. Not such a bad thing.

All I can imagine is sliding it off the skewer while squeezing a hot dog bun and toping it with slaw. Saturday wont come fast enough for me.

Anyone else have this crazy idea? I cant imagine I am the only one to think like this.

Bonvivantbbq.ca

Winnipeg based BBQ sauce company.

Comments