Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Chuck Roast I've Ever Had!!!

I know the first rule of posting is, "If there aren't pictures, it didn't happen."  But, I have to share this with the group because the cook was a big confidence builder.  I started with a well marbled chuck roast of almost 4 lbs., made a simple marinade of soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, chopped onion, minced garlic, salt and pepper.  I vacuum sealed the roast with the marinade and left it in the refrigerator for about 24 hours.  I removed the roast from the marinade and put on a heavy rub of Emeril's Essence, granulated garlic, seasoning salt and pepper, vacuum sealed again and returned to the refrigerator for about an hour.  I then put it in the sous vide, at 131 degrees for 30 hours.  I fired up the BGE, roasted some potatoes and mixed vegetables, then brought the temp up to 600 degrees, removed the roast from the water bath, patted dry and seared on all sides, made a sauce of sliced mushrooms and onions sauteed in butter and olive oil, a little red wine and the juices from the cooking bag.  Served with mashed potatoes from the BGE roasted potatoes along with the roasted vegetables.

I have to say, this was the best chuck roast I've ever tasted, and the Mrs. is telling everyone about it.  It had the texture and tenderness of tenderloin, and the flavor was simply amazing.  When I was making all of the preparations, I really wasn't sure how it would all turn out, therefore, no pictures.  But next time, watch out, LOL!!!
Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)

Comments