Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thank you Miami!

cazzycazzy Posts: 7,527
Good time in Miami this weekend!  I'm in Ft. Lauderdale today and head back to Texas tomorrow.  Some pretty good eats and some good photo opportunities.  

Shrimp Empanadas @ La Camaronera

Red Snapper Sandwich @ La Camaronera

Cuban Sandwich ;Enriqueta's Sandwich Shop

Tomato & Basil Spaghetti @ Scarpetta

Mascarpone & Polenta Cheesecake @ Scarpetta

Random Shots around South Beach

Sunrise at South Beach

Miami Skyline

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,074
    Like I said... Hate you and your camera...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,271
    edited September 2013
    Your ocean horizon pics remind me of early morning fishing trips in the Keys.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Great pics. Looks like a nice time.
    Aurora,OH
    ·
  • Beautiful shots and wonderful memories
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Seriously dude, those are very nice pics. Looks like a nice trip.
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • BayaradBayarad Posts: 281
    Love South Beach and the quality pics you get with that camera!
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,439
    Looks like you had a GREAT time. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,675
    edited September 2013
    While you've been fooling around on vacation, the Vikes have needed you.....just saying.

Great pics, awesome. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,030
    Cazzy, what do you shoot with? I can't get EXIF to load on my phone.
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,527

While you've been fooling around on vacation, the Vikes have needed you.....just saying.

Great pics, awesome. 
    No kidding. We just can't get over the hump. Now I'm ready to tank the season so we can get a real QB. :(
    ·

Nikon D600

All of the pics were done with a 50mm f/1.8g

This was my first time trying to do any kind of landscape photography. I usually have been more into portraits, but I'm ready for something with more substance than shooting people.

I'm going to decide between a 14-24mm f/2.8g and a 16-35mm f/4g. I've heard lots of landscape folks opt for the 16-35 cause they can use filters. The 14-24 is very sexy though. Decisions decisions.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,030
    cazzy said:

Nikon D600

All of the pics were done with a 50mm f/1.8g

This was my first time trying to do any kind of landscape photography. I usually have been more into portraits, but I'm ready for something with more substance than shooting people.

I'm going to decide between a 14-24mm f/2.8g and a 16-35mm f/4g. I've heard lots of landscape folks opt for the 16-35 cause they can use filters. The 14-24 is very sexy though. Decisions decisions.

Word.

I have a 50mm f1.4, gotta love prime lenses. I'd go for the 16-35mm and just get a 14mm ultra wide.

I really need a full frame. Sigh.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,690
    Like them all... Especially the B&W portrait. Exposed well for all of them. I don't think they look "flat" at all.

Keep up the good work! When in doubt; try to get out and shoot more!
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,690
    As soon as I get a chance with catching up on work, amazing what you miss in three short days... I'll post some from our Disney trip.
    ·
    edited September 2013
    hapster said:

Like them all... Especially the B&W portrait. Exposed well for all of them. I don't think they look "flat" at all.

Keep up the good work! When in doubt; try to get out and shoot more!

Yeah, the B&W is slowly becoming my fav. It was a great natural way to get a low key shot in. His back was to an alley and a store front window was in front of him. Everyone who has seen is curious about him and his snake. Which is obviously what you want in a portrait.

·
  • I've got to get a dslr. My Nikon 1 takes good pics but nothing like those.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,810
    Great pics, Cazzy.  I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a full frame DSLR.   Canon 6D

·

Great pics, Cazzy.  I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a full frame DSLR.   Canon 6D

Do it! I'll never go back! I considered the 6D. The minimum number of cross type focal points was kind of detracting. If I were to get in the canon world, I'd prolly get a Mark II or III.
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 988
    Superbly done, very nice photos.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·