Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seasoning the new iron

Options
Putting my new two-tier system through a little seasoning phase today.  Really nice product from ceramicgrillworks.com.  I think I am going to absolutely LOVE the swing feature.
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• HorseMover
    Options
    Looks awesome...how much space is there between the grates? Can that be used with the platesetter?
    Albion, PA
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    The space is very adjustable; especially if you buy the optional post kit.  Right now I have the second tier set 6" above the lower grid.  The collars are held with a set screw.  Yes, it can be used with the PS.  That was my first concern I had during my deliberation.  Franco also mentioned that he is working on a third tier that will retrofit to the older two-tier systems. 
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.