Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

How much sulfur smell is too much - pork butt?

PacuarePacuare Posts: 73
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum
I have the egg lit and ready to go.  I was prepping two pork butts with sell by dates of tomorrow to throw on the egg tonight.  Holy sulfur smell.  I opened each pork butt and the smell was room clearing.  While trying to not breathe through my nose I rinsed each butt thoroughly, trimmed the fat off, and rinsed them again.  The sulfur smell is still very strong.  They have been sitting out for thirty minutes.  I am tempted to shut the egg down and return the meat.  

How much sulfur smell is too much?  I don't want to taste sulfur when the butts are done tomorrow.  I also think I need to go stand over the daisy wheel and inhale some smoke to get the lingering sulfur smell of out of nose.  Yuck.

Comments