Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

More bark, faster cooking?

Has anyone made pulled pork from "pork steaks"? Like many, my favorite part of pulled pork is the bark and I am thinking that if I do low and slow on steaks that are a few inches think I can increase my bark/pulled pork ratio. Has anyone tried this? 

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 14,106
    Hi - I happen to be a super fan of pork steak - as long as it is thin! That gives a great bark per piece when fried. However to egg a large quantity of it for sake of making pulled pork with lots of bark just doesn't compute in my mind...but if you figure out how to do it I'll listen!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,945
    I haven't seen it but a good while back some one made it out of country ribs. It cooked in around an hour and they said it was just like pulled pork. I don't see why pork steak couldn't work. If you try country ribs, just make sure that they are shoulder and not loin.