Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just use the oven instead of the egg. What?!?

DMWDMW Posts: 12,118
For various reasons, delaying the full pizza bake for a day or so. Decided to use one dough ball as a sacrificial trial run on pan pizza, as my last attempt was horrendous. SWMBO says why don't you just do it in the inside oven. She just doesn't get it...
My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle

Comments

• DMWDMW Posts: 12,118
    This one looks much better than last time. We'll see how it tastes.
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,839
    Looks good. I'll take it if you don't like it. :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

Just sliced it, it was all gone just like that. I wanted to take a pic of it sliced but didn't have a chance. Will be doing that again.
    Morgantown, PA

• Really nice colour! How was the bottom?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Bottom was a nice crisp brown, exactly what you would want from a pan pizza. I will be really happy if I can replicate the results
    Morgantown, PA

• RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Blasphemy!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Looks great...how about some details of the cook?
    Albion, PA
    Used the overnight pizza recipe from Flour Water Salt Yeast. Had the platesetter in legs up, grate on top of that. Stretched the dough to just fit in my CI pan. Was basic pizza sauce and cheese. 525* and it took about 13min.
    Morgantown, PA

• Thanks DMW! My son and I have been enjoying the low and slow cooks but my daughter wants pizza. Don't know why I have been putting it off. I will have to take a crack at it soon. Maybe a good weekend project.
    Albion, PA
    @HorseMover, I also really like thin crust done on a pizza stone around 700*. Last time we did a pizza bake toward the end a pie was finishing in under 4 min. Really fun to have a pizza party and have the guests assemble their own so everyone can have the exact toppings they want.
    Morgantown, PA

• calikingcaliking Posts: 10,718
    Looks like you nailed it! And no, they don't get it... initially. You have to show them the way :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,983
    My wife calls it a "grill"... Pimp slap! I have denied further entrance into the mancave
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Nice, bet there was not leftovers
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,650
    Looks good. Did you get the "cheese gasket" around the edges?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• DMW said:

Used the overnight pizza recipe from Flour Water Salt Yeast. Had the platesetter in legs up, grate on top of that. Stretched the dough to just fit in my CI pan. Was basic pizza sauce and cheese. 525* and it took about 13min.

Did you heat up the CI before placing the pie in and did you oil the CI?

Albion, PA
    No leftovers is correct.

@Griffin Had a bit of cheese gasket, next time will have more cheese around the edges

@HorseMover No preheating the CI and I did not oil first, just made sure there was a dusting of flour on the bottom to prevent sticking.
    Morgantown, PA

• @DMW Thanks!  I have no excuse not to give this a try now.  Pulled out the CI skillet this morning.
    Albion, PA
  • Nice work.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• I'm not down with the hip lingo, what is SWMBO.

GO BLUE!

Fairfax, Va

@mgoblue0484 She Who Must Be Obeyed :)
    Morgantown, PA

• Ahhhhhh, good enough, thanks!

GO BLUE!

Fairfax, Va