Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What's cooking? Monday night

We've been going strong with a weekly spacthcock for a few weeks now. Today I've got him sitting in a brine.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This guys going on the small. Raised direct 425

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 15,566
    Something much simpler here called pork burgers. They are not sausage but ground pork made by a local packing house. I use a favorite rub and then go 4/4/2 direct at 350 dome. The last 2 minutes is to melt a slice of pepper jack cheese and then top off the burgers with grilled onions! Makes a very tasty sandwich!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • RRP said:
    Something much simpler here called pork burgers. They are not sausage but ground pork made by a local packing house. I use a favorite rub and then go 4/4/2 direct at 350 dome. The last 2 minutes is to melt a slice of pepper jack cheese and then top off the burgers with grilled onions! Makes a very tasty sandwich!
    That sounds amazing man!!

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    No Egg tonight - burgers on the CI Lodge Hibachi, and yesterday's Chicken Noodle Soup has been morphed into Italian Wedding Soup, one of my favorites.
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,120
    edited September 2013
    @mickey

Coming a little higher up

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,443
    What is your go to brine for your chicken? I need to try a brine with chicken.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • @RAC

This was my first try. Actually was underwhelmed. It was very moist, but I've never had a problem with it not being. It did impart some flavor. But the meat was kind of gummy. Also the small egg did not cook this the same as the large, just because of hot spots and heat flow.

Tasty still, but not a success.

·
  • I'll take your gummy, moist bird over mine.  Did first spatchcock Sunday night and did my best to prove people wrong (that it's hard to screw up spatchcock chicken).  I didn't expect a 5+# bird to cook so quickly. Needless to say I pulled it at around 200 internal.  Still edible, but barely.  Also had to cut off the burnt bottom.  Sorry, no pictures. 
    ·