Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tailgate timing?

Two 7.5 pound butt roast. Leaving the Boro at 9...need to finish around around then, ftc for 5 hrs which is no problem. I'll probably stay around 250-275...overnight. Put on around 7 tonight, up at 6 and crutch if necessary...

Helping feed my baby girl's dance team and others in Chat-town. Their menu is chicken tenders. Oh no you didn't...

Thoughts and thanks.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Huh?  Bartender !  I'll have what Henapple's having.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,221

Huh?  Bartender !  I'll have what Henapple's having.

???
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,897
    edited September 2013
    Might make it at 350 buddy. You are saying cook in 5 hours?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,221
    7 tonight till 9 tomorrow morning. 14 hours.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,888
    Sounds like a good plan to me.  Butts on at 7 PM, wake up 11 hours later to check on them, adjust as necessary in a 3 hour window to finish. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,092

Sounds like a good plan to me.  Butts on at 7 PM, wake up 11 hours later to check on them, adjust as necessary in a 3 hour window to finish. 

False. Put it on at 7 PM, DRINK for 11 hours, check on them.

Priorities, man.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,635
    You should be fine. If the butts do need a bit more time when you check in the morning, you can bump up the temp to 325-350° to finish them. 

Wrap PBR #6 with a note that says "check egg temp" so you remember to do that before the party really gets rolling :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.