Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spatchcocked Chicken :)

MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,294
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum
Greetings friends!

Did this one with a local rub raised direct pecan chips to 165* at ~400* grate. Amazing.

Gotten pretty good at roasting the Brussels. Love them.

Also - BGE high heat gasket worked like a charm. Not a leak to be seen and VERY sensitive now to temp control.

I should do this cook more often... Thanks for looking!

8-Damien

imageimageimage
Large BGE -- Greensboro!

image.jpg 2.6M
image.jpg 2.2M
image.jpg 2.9M
·

Comments

• Boy that looks really good. Nicely done!!  Watch the gasket if you are going to cook over 550-600.  I melted mine at about 675 the other day, but it did last nearly 8 months which is longer then I can say the original black one did on my large.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,410
    Nice. Just a suggestion; raise it to the top grate next time to catch more of the dome action.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,434
    Mickey said:
    Nice. Just a suggestion; raise it to the top grate next time to catch more of the dome action.
    +1

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • That looks pretty fantastic.  I made a spatchcock myself last night.  Very similar method to yours.  Only difference is that I put mine higher in the dome.  In the past, I didn't raise the chicken up in the dome.  The skin came out way crispier with it raised.  Definitely a recommended switch.  Still, yours looks darn near perfect, so maybe just keep doing what you're doing!
    Southern California
    ·
  • Trying a turkey today on the raised tier. Thanks gang. Ill post as that comes out.

Poultry is unbelievably moist on the BGE.
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·