Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hat's off to @stlcharcoal

Options
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to thank @stlcharcoal for the great service.  Last week I sent in an e-mail asking about the availability of the replacement fire grate for my Large BGE.  He sent me back a list of his products and I ended up placing an order at 4:00 PM Friday afternoon fully expecting that it wouldn't be taken a look at until Monday.  To my surprise I got a confirmation with a tracking number later that night with and my new grate was waiting for me when I got home after work yesterday.  Talk about fast turnaround!  I can't wait to put it to use!  Thanks @stlcharcoal!

--Brad
Franklin, TN
Large BGE+PSWoo2

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    The fire grate is awesome. I really enjoy it. Amazing the service you get from fellow eggheads.
  • mgoblue0484
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, do you have a link to their products?

GO BLUE!

Fairfax, Va

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @mgoblue0484,
    You need to email him through his website. I believe he offers them on ebay but he will quote you a price shipped without the fee mark-up.

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    He's very responsive.  I ordered a new gasket and it shipped quickly.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited September 2013
    Options

The Saint Louis Charcoal Company's theory on customer service and order fulfillment:

Assume all customers are like the owner [me].........demanding and impatient!!!!

Hahahahahaha.  :))

BTW, 15 minutes earlier on Friday and you would have gotten that grate Saturday--you JUST missed the mail pickup.  Normally everything goes out same day.

• onelikearock
    Options
    Great service and FAST
    Chesapeake, VA
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The grate would also make a good grid. I've seen the BBQ houses in Texas on TV with cooking grids in that style
    Seattle, WA
  • THE DRU
    Options
    Their Rockwood charcoal is everything people say it is also.  I started using it 2 weeks ago and I am a convert.  Loving Rockwood in Lexington, KY!!

Versailles, KY

XL, Lg, MM, Performer, Q

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

Am I missing something? A grate from STL Charcoal??

I do tend to get slower in the afternoon.... 

:-/
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    The grate would also make a good grid. I've seen the BBQ houses in Texas on TV with cooking grids in that style

I have the same material in the five 24" x 24" cooking racks in my Rebel 23.  They're welded to a frame that slides in and out.  They are terribly heavy with the frame, so I don't think they would work too well in the BGE without a special lifting tool.  With that kind of span, they would be $100+ easy to pay for the material, fabrication, and shipping.  I might have the shop make me one to play with, but I do not think it's something I would mass produce.
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Hotch said:

Am I missing something? A grate from STL Charcoal??

I do tend to get slower in the afternoon.... 

:-/
    Yes, we make stainless steel fire grates and a few other products.......also a dealer for some items that I personally liked on my BGEs, wanted to help a friend sell, and/or was just too cheap to pay retail for.  Some are in our eBay store (stlcharcoal), others are available by request.  Email me direct for the list if you don't want to pay the full prices on eBay.