Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Shrimp Creole bastardized with chicken.

I did Creole tonight utilizing both eggs. Sorry for crappy cell phone pictures.

Here is the Holy Trinity getting cozy.

After I added the tomatoes and junks, onto the large for 30 minutes.

I cooked boiled Creole rice inside and did 2 poultry boobies on the mini with blackening seasoning.

After the chicken did 3 minutes per side, I pulled it and sliced against the grain. Then I put it in the sauce with the shrimp to finish. Forgot the flash.

Inside shot and plated pic. I might hold off on the blackening season next time as it was a touch salty, but delicious.

imageimage
·

Comments

• I'd eat it. How about the whole recipe?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,941
    td66snrf said:

I'd eat it. How about the whole recipe?

+ 1.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Looks good.  Did you put any Cajun seasoning in besides the blackening seasoning (like Slap Ya Mama or Zatarain's)?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • That looks amazing. Is that a lodge ECI? I have the 7qt in that same color. I use le creuset on the stove but that lodge stuff is just as good.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Looks good, I have the same lodge too! I'll try that recipe if you can give a little more info
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    That is something right up my alley, but I never make for whatever reason. Another thing to add to the ever-growing list of things to try on the egg. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Great looking meal - those are great pictures (some posts have small pictures which is sometimes difficult to see on a tablet)
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010)
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    @td66snrf and @caliking,
    I used the recipe from this site: http://www.nolacuisine.com/2008/04/13/shrimp-creole-recipe/

@Village_Idiot, I used Konriko Creole seasoning in the sauce.

@travisstrick, this is my LC 5.5 quart. Key word is "my", otherwise it wouldn't be out there.
    ·
  • That looks great!  You had me at "bastardized".

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • StevStev Posts: 36
    That looks amazing. Is that a lodge ECI? I have the 7qt in that same color. I use le creuset on the stove but that lodge stuff is just as good.
    I'd  have to agree Travis I only use me Le Creuset  in or on the  the stove its a waste but too much $$ invested to travel.
    ·
  • @td66snrf and @caliking, I used the recipe from this site: http://www.nolacuisine.com/2008/04/13/shrimp-creole-recipe/ @Village_Idiot, I used Konriko Creole seasoning in the sauce. @travisstrick, this is my LC 5.5 quart. Key word is "my", otherwise it wouldn't be out there.
    That web site sucks. I've got drool all over my shirt now, but I did add it to my favorites. Thanks Mr. Eggcelsior
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·