Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wooden handle guy

I once bought a grid lifter and handle for my egg from a gentleman that made them from wooden limbs.  Cannot remember his name.  Can anyone help me here?
·

Comments

• It's either sparky or Lawn Ranger

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Lawn Ranger....thanks a bunch
    ·
  • I guess I should have asked...is he still in the business of making bbq tools?  Having trouble googling him.
    ·
  • He doesn't do it full time or anything. He has been here but usually is on the old forum. Try him there. If you can't get him PM me. I have his e-mail somewhere.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,555
    Yo, Brent...Mike (lawn ranger) has semi retired from making his unique one of a kind masterpieces. He might and I say MIGHT be doing some custom pieces if he can find enough metal parts for some speciality tools. I'm blessed with 4 handles and 2 grid lifters from him. He is quite the guy!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Thanks guys.  I too am lucky to have a grid lifter and handle.  They add some character to the BGE without a doubt.  I have had them ~13 or so years and they have held up quite well.  Will see if I can look him up on the old forum.  Even artists have to retire at some point...
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Super nice guy, I was blessed with a grid lifter and a handle. Always a conversation piece when friends come over.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·