Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings Ideas

Options
The NY Times Magazine this week had a story on doing wings on the grill. They do the wings indirect (cool side of a regular grill) for 15 or 20 minutes then cover them in sauce and finish them direct to brown. This looked like a perfect method for the BGE and the story included a bunch of sauce recipes that looked interesting.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Don't over think wings. Direct at 400 raised workd. Anything from S&P to home made rubs. Very easy cook
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bjadams
    Options
    Well, I guess I over thunk 'em.

I did a sort of reverse sear cooking them indirect at 375 for twenty minutes or so and then sauced them and put them back direct to brown and caramelize the sauce.
    Excellent results. The Buffalo sauce is pretty much what one would expect and the Thai Peanut sauce was a nice surprise. Sorry no pics but they're only wings so I didn't want to over photograph them.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I saw that article and there were some really good sounding recipes.  I love me some wangs.  

This is another great recipe:

Similar technique...doesn't say to switch to direct but I think that would work well to give them a nice finish. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    Options
    I've always done oven or indirect for 20 min or so and finished over fire then sauced.  Never thought so sauce between.  Could give it a try.

Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA