Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoked Baked Tater Salad

While smoking a brisket this weekend I whipped up some smoked baked tater salad. I threw about 3 pounds of tater on the egg while the brisket was working its magic. I chopped up the cooked tater (with out the skins) and mixed them with 1 cup of mayo, 1 cup of sour cream. 1.5 cups of cheese, and 8-10 slices of bacon and a little salt & pepper. One recipe also called for chopped scallions, but I left those out since the wife isn't a fan of onions

It turned out really good. The longer it sits in the fridge the better it gets.
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    Ad back the onions and call me to dinner please.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,233
    Great idea.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Yummy, yummy, yummy... :)

Big Egg dreamin' in Richmond Hill, Georgia
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,359
    Loaded baked tater salad...love it! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • GoVolsGoVols Posts: 180
    Please add the onions back !!!
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
    ·