Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mississippi Roast

GreenhawKGreenhawK Posts: 398
edited September 2013 in Beef
Did a Mississippi Roast yesterday.  This is something that we have done several times in a crock pot, and I have been dying to do it on the Egg.

Chuck Roast 
1 jar peperoncini peppers
1 pack au jus
1 pack ranch dressing mix
1 stick of butter

Simply place the roast in dutch oven.  Sprinkle pack of ranch dressing mix and au jus over top of roast.  Poor pepper juice in dutch oven, and place peppers on top of roast.  Then place a stick of butter on top.  

Placed on the egg at 225 with a stick of apple wood.  Took about 7 hours.

The juices in the pot make an excellent gravy as well.

Large BGE Decatur, AL
·

Comments

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,913
    edited September 2013
    That recipe just goes to prove my theory that my Eggers will do anything to use their Egg!!

Maybe instead of chuck  you should have used 'possum.
    ·
    don't know what that funny little klong is after the word chuck that's replacing the letter "y".
    ·
  • I bet it would work for pork, possum, squirrel, and about anything you want to throw in the pot.  

I don't know what that klong thing is about.  It has been doing it on my posts lately too.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
    ·
    stupid Vanilla Power
    ·
  • Could you taste the apple wood smoke?  We do this recipe with just the peperoncini peppers, a little italian seasoning and sometimes beer.  Can't wait to try it with the 2 seasoning packets and a stick of butter.  Over the top!
    ·
  • It's dropping letters.
    ·
  • The smoke definitely adds some flavor.  The peppers on top really took a lot in.  I had to eat a few off the top every time I basted it.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Looks good but where are the taters and carrots?

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·