Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Big Day of Egging (pic heavy)

I casually mentioned to my wife that we hadn't had friends over to the house in a long time and next thing I know we have 11 adults and 6 kids over and I'm cooking. Put together a nice (if eclectic) spread: stuffed hatch chilis; grilled avocados with tomatoes, ,eminent, pine nuts and fresh herbs; sausage; and Picanah; and hotdogs for the kiddos.

Wasn't sure about timing of everything so fired up both the large and small; ended up not needing the small, but cooked the hotdogs on it just to give it a workout.

Sorry for the poor photos...was too busy (and drinking too much) to get consistent photos.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 666.9K
image.jpg 738.9K
image.jpg 835.7K
image.jpg 845.1K
image.jpg 713.8K
image.jpg 806.9K
image.jpg 758.9K
image.jpg 661.1K
image.jpg 741.9K
image.jpg 935.6K
·

Comments

• THAT looks like a party!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Nice job! Looks like a tasty spread.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • Nice!!  But would like to understand the grilled lemons?
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 984
    @CoolBees - the grilled lemons get squeezed over the avocados. Not sure grilling the lemons added much grilled flavor, but ace nice presentation.
    ·
  • Nice plating on the avacado.   =D>

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • That does look really good, congrats. I've never tried the skewers over coal with no grid. Seems like an interesting concept. Gonna give this one a bookmark.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
    @black_badger it works great. Try to get fairly flat skewers and you and almost completely close the lid.
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,465

The eyes of Egging are upon you.........................

:)>-
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
    In reading my post this morning I realize that beer and autocorrect is a dangerous combination.
    ·